Monday, March 16, 2009

Contradictions

So, even though I am rapidly expanding in the middle, I am still dutifully going to the gym three days a week and (trying) to work my butt off. My hubby totally doesn't get how frustrating it is for me. I mean I actually enjoy the satisfying feeling of a good workout. However, I sort of thought that after three months I would have some more tangible results appearance-wise. I mean I can definitely tell that I have gained some strength and stamina. I can't tell that any part of me is shrinking noticeably. On the bright side, I can lift nearly as much weight as he can! (Don't tell him I said that.) He can still run circles around me.
I don't know how long I will be able to keep this up. I realize that plenty of women workout throughout their pregnancies, but most of those probably were working out before and not in as pathetic shape as me. I am looking forward to the prospect of working out again after I have the baby. I will hopefully have lost a little weight and not lost too much of the strength and tone I am working on now. I am hoping that the work I put in now will pay off then and that I will not have to start back at square one. I will be interested to see how the workout thing works with the sleep deprivation of having a newborn.
In the meantime, I am going to keep plugging along and try to curb my carb cravings (which is a losing battle at the moment, though it isn't quite as bad as it once was.)
A couple of spoons of peanut butter is surely better than an entire pack of Chips Ahoy, right?

No comments: