Saturday, April 4, 2009

Running for 2

I just walked my first 5K since December. There is a big difference between my workouts in the gym and really walking. This walk also included crossing a rather large bridge over the inter coastal waterway. And then going BACK across it. If you are going to kill yourself in a race, this is truly the way to do it. Sunny day, beautiful view and the breeze from all the people passing you (most of them having run the 10K), what a way to go. I didn't exactly burn up the course the last time I walked this bridge in a race, but I was way slower today. I like to think that it was partly due to the fact that I haven't "trained" aside from a few minutes on the treadmill after workouts and the fact that I am carrying a passenger. The point however, was not to set any records, it was to just do it. Number one daughter was my running partner and came in a good 20 minutes ahead of me. You GO Girl! Next year, perhaps I will be more of a partner. Remarkably, even with us dragging down our time, we were 30Th out 40. Not bad for a first effort.

No comments: