Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Summertime, and the Livin' is - A Little Bit Easier

Day... Three? Hard to count it really. Everybody is done with school. PreK graduation was Monday night and now we are done until August. I am on a major crusade to get the house cleaned and organized for financial as well as other reasons. We are making progress, but I am going to have to reprogram my children to a new way of thinking. For way too long, they have had the run of the place and believe me when I say it is the worse for wear. Anyway, after cleaning out many nooks and crannies, I have discovered that I do indeed own more than two pairs of socks per child and that the dryer isn't to blame for the missing ones!
Summer is just beginning and yet I feel as though the days are rushing by. I am happy about the work we are getting done around here, but I am chafing to get away to the beach. This is our first summer with the new place and I can't leave here yet! Murphy's law at its finest. I thought I would be there for weeks on end and now I may not even see the place again until the end of the month. Yeah, I know how shallow that sounds. On the bright side, #1 son is staying there while attending summer school to get a jump on fall. He has even started walking miles down the beach whenever he gets a chance, good exercise! At least the place isn't sitting totally empty.
Anyway, I haven't had a chance to really christen summer by sleeping in. Monday is trash day and they show up early and if I put the trash out the night before, the coons show up and have a picnic. So, I was up at the usual time. Tuesday, I had an early doctor's appointment. Wednesday,hubby scheduled an 8 a.m. workout before he had to leave for the airport. I was responsible for making sure he got up. So far Thursday looks promising. No gym, no hubby, no appointments... Say hello to the REAL meaning of summer vacation!

No comments: