Friday, June 12, 2009

Boarding Up My Brain for the Summer

I love summer. Have I mentioned that lately? I adore days when it doesn't get dark until well after 8 pm. I love the fact that entire days can go by without getting into the car to go somewhere, especially before 7 am. Yes, there is just a slower pace that really suits me. My stress level dropped by about 50% once I had all of the report cards in hand stating that the kids were assigned to the next grade. There will be no deadlines for projects, no worrying about studying for tests, no concerns about what to pack for lunch, or is it a P.E. or regular uniform day, until mid-August. My biggest worry right now is which child is most likely to drown a sibling while rough-housing in the pool. Daughter #2 is odds on favorite at this moment.

No comments: