Sunday, February 21, 2010

My Dark Side?

Had an appoint with my trainer at the gym yesterday afternoon and since it was Saturday, #1 daughter asked if she could tag along. Fine with me. She is old enough and responsible so I knew she could safely entertain herself while I worked out. Well, my trainer, always eager to be helpful and always in search of new clients, invited her to work out with us. Okay, no problem there. So it was with a mixture of pride and yes, a touch of jealousy that I watched her do things well, that I still struggle with after a year. However, I did have more endurance and have never bopped myself in the mouth with a medicine ball. Anyway, she really enjoyed it and after my session ended we strolled around the gym trying out a few more pieces of equipment. After we left the gym. we went to a little park up the street from our house that has a nice flat walking path through the woods, so I could jog a little without spectators. I can actually do it a little and no longer suffer whiplash from all the jiggling body fat. I may not be smaller, but I am firmer. All and all a nice afternoon and I enjoyed having some quality mother/daughter time.
... However, I have to admit that I was secretly happy when she got up this morning complaining of how sore her muscles are : - ) Does that make me a bad mommy?

No comments: