Saturday, March 5, 2011

What Ever Happened to My Weekends?

Once upon a time, when I was young and single, or maybe I was young and married but didn't have kids, weekends were for doing just one thing... NOTHING. I looked forward to it, I was good at it and it was a fundamental part of my very existence. My favorite part of nothing was all the extra sleep it afforded me.
Those days are long gone.
Now I have the baby waking me at 7, drama rehearsal beginning at 8, sports practice at 9, Girl Scout activity at 10, then of course they all have to be picked up again later. We have Mass either Saturday afternoon or 9,11 or 5 on Sunday. There is always somebody doing something with a friend or something to do for school on Sundays, and of course my weekly grocery run to the warehouse club. First thing I know it is 8p.m. on Sunday night and I am wondering where the time went.
Someday, the kids will be gone, I won't need as much sleep, won't have as many errands to run... and gosh I'm gonna miss the craziness.

No comments: