Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Crunch Time

Where to start...
The high school kids were off from school the week before Easter and the grade school kids are off this week. So far, between softball practice, Pokemon tournaments, Easter Sunrise mass, softball playoffs, etc, the only day I actually got to sleep in was Friday, which also happened to be my birthday. I spent the rest of the day cleaning house.
In the upcoming weeks, #1 son graduates college and starts summer school basically the Monday after, hubby takes his finals and starts summer classes, and #2 son starts college then graduates from high school.
To say I am feeling a bit overwhelmed is mild. I do have one thing this week that should help relieve some tension and allow me a good cry, the Royal Wedding! I was parked in front of the TV when William's parents got married and I have have watched him grow up and I cried at the sight of him and his brother walking behind their mother's horse drawn casket at her funeral, so it is nice to see him such a fine happy young man, marrying such a lovely girl. His mother would be very proud. I think I have felt a certain kinship with those boys especially after having two of my own right off the bat. I am almost as excited about this wedding as if one of my own were tying the knot. So if you see me on Friday afternoon and my eyes are puffy, try not to laugh.

No comments: