Monday, March 12, 2012

Lucky 13

Daughter #2 turned 13 this past week. Time flies. In celebration, I took her and four friends to our place at the beach for the weekend. I shall spare the details, except to say that I went to the gym this morning fully expecting to weigh in at least 2 lbs heavier. Needless to say, I was shocked to discover I was around 2 lbs lighter!!
I am feeling very proud of myself. I have been working hard to stay on my diet and my food diary keeps me on track. I actually add to my portions sometimes just to make sure I am as accurate as I can be. I logged the slice of Birthday cake I ate as two, to give ample calorie credit. I am trying to make good choices in order to keep myself motivated. I have to say that it is a lot easier to be motivated when you have easy results like I have had. I can't help wondering how things will be, say a month, or two down the road when the pounds are coming off more slowly.
For once I am really doing things right. I have the right food, a nutrition plan, exercise and my trainer to keep me moving in the right direction. I can actually visualize myself in this for the long run. That has seemed like such an unreachable goal; I have resigned myself to being heavy so many times. Now, with a mere 14 lbs gone, I feel hopeful.

No comments: