Friday, March 30, 2012

Temptations

Fridays during Lent can be a bit tough for me. Turkey and chicken, two of my favorite salad protein additives, are off limits. Fortunately, I am a seafood lover, so there are plenty of Catholic friendly substitutes available. The problems that it poses are one, I am lousy at planning and two, the more I have to think about food, the more I think about food. I do better with food as a utility; something like, putting gas in the car. That way I don't obsess. It has been so much easier lately, because when I start to go a little crazy with cravings, I just remind myself how good it feels when those numbers on the scale come up smaller. I would liken it to having your number come up in a ( small) lottery.
I am pleased that even if I do lose control a little (nacho chips at Chilli's, or the dozen (?) little bite sized chocolate bunnies I couldn't resist)
I do seem to maintain a modicum of control. More importantly, I don't surrender and quit until next time I decide to lose weight, as I did in the past. That is huge for me! So, a few chocolate bunnies will not be the death of me, nor will they lead me to further temptation, like Mickey D's sweet tea or a Steak & Shake large mocha....See what I mean about thinking about food?

No comments: