Monday, June 22, 2009

Bits and Pieces

Monday. Not a terrible start to the week. Finally met a deadline that has been hanging over our heads for sometime. Didn't do as well as I could have had I started sooner, worked harder or grown a second head, but at least it is over.
It has been rather satisfying seven days. We have got a lot done around here in the way of basic cleanup and the beginnings of getting organized. I also found some wonderful workmen to do some fix-ups on the house. It is simply amazing how just pressure washing the exterior and looking outside through clean windows can revive your spirit. Oh, and I have to give a shout-out to the guys from Stanley Steamer. I am stunned and amazed as how clean my seemingly destroyed carpet came out. It has color again; not the grimy gray, but that marvelous peachy melon that we first selected from the sample books.
In between everything else, managed to slip in a dentist visit for daughter #1 to have a baby tooth pulled and she got a cleaning since she was going to be up on the rack anyway. Made appointments for the rest of us to get our pearly whites polished before our big family reunion next month. I haven't been in a dentist chair since I was a child of 18,(I have a serious phobia both real and exaggerated), so that hygienist has her work cut out for her.
Tomorrow, I am rewarding my hard work by sending myself to the beach for a couple days of R&R. HUSBANDLESS R&R no less! Saturday, we come back with #1 son in tow, and Sunday after mass, we load up the cars and head to the House of Mouse for a brief (1 night) and slightly frantic, frolic with Dad and kids, before he hits the road to Asia on Monday.
Signed on for 12 more sessions with my trainer today. I can't believe I have been going to the gym for 5+ months now. I would never have put money on those odds. Oh well, strange things have been happening a lot more around here!

No comments: