Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Joy of Nothing

It's Saturday, it's cold, gray and rainy. I couldn't be happier. We were supposed to be at Disney World today. Hubby is running his first full marathon tomorrow and we were supposed to do the parks today and cheer him on Sunday. I do feel bad that we won't be there when he finishes. This is such a huge accomplishment for a guy in his mid 40's who two years ago got winded climbing stairs and is now going to walk/run for 26.2 miles. However, I am really happy to be HOME today and not have to take anyone anywhere, pick anyone up or go anywhere myself.
Not that I am actually doing "nothing". There's a ton of laundry, dirty dishes and all the rubble that we left running out of here the day after Christmas, but all things considered, it's not such a bad deal. In between chores, I am assisting my 5yr-old building a pirate world from the Legos he got for Christmas.
All of my little ducklings are here (tough to think of my 6'7" oldest as a "duckling" sometimes) at least for the moment, and life is sweet. Days like this are precious just because of nothing.

No comments: