Saturday, February 13, 2010

Who'd Have Thunk It?

I just walked a 10K.
I came in dead last.
Know what? I don't even mind.
I was in extreme pain from plantar fasciitis in my right foot and I seriously wanted to ask the officer in the police car closely following me, to give me a ride back to the finish line. However, I realized that if I quit, I would never be able to lecture my kids on why they should never quit.
Amazingly, I did the 10K in less than double of my most recent 5K. That was way better than I hoped. It's not exactly the Olympics, but it's better than the old me; unhealthy and inactive.
Now, I wonder what my time would be with two good legs?... ; - )

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi
I am running and I am dealing with plantar fasciitis for more than a year now. There are many things you can do to treat your PF although I understood that treatment efficiency is very individual. If something works for one it may not work for the other. There are many treatment techniques that you can try.
Did you try Taping? I have found it very useful. Taping will keep your foot from getting injured again and will help you get through your daily routine. There are a few Taping techniques you can find in YouTube - just type "Plantar Fasciitis Taping" in YouTube search.
Personally I found a very informative website in: http://www.plantar-fasciitis-elrofeet.com
Take care & Good luck

VB said...

Thank you! Excellent website,very informative! Taping sounds like a great idea. I bought one of the splints, but haven't been satisfied with the tension it provides. Going to get tape tomorrow.