Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Having a "Rocky" Moment

Remember the music as he runs up the stairs triumphantly? Well, I am feeling a little like that today. I am finally on the schedule I hoped to be on for the past year and a half, gym-wise and I am starting to believe that I can take control of my life. Of course I still have good days and bad ones, but I am hoping the bad ones won't be quite as bad and the good ones will be better.
I have to say that getting my workout in earlier in the day is really helping. Not only does it help my day not be so fragmented (I go straight from the pre-school car line to the gym instead of home in-between), but I am finding that it really gives me more energy and enthusiasm for the rest of my day. This morning, I cleaned out the car before leaving the house (not an easy task if you could see the inside) and after the gym, I went to the car wash for a vac and exterior wash. It was almost like clearing out my brain in a weird way. I feel so much better having that one thing straightened out. Now if that motivation can just survive after school pickup and the complaints of all natures from the kids...

No comments: