Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Wheels on the Bus... are Falling Off

It may say Tuesday on the calendar, but it sure felt like a Monday. On the one hand, we did get to school on time for daughter #3 to be on Safety Patrol duty during morning drop-off, but on the other hand, I was late for the gym and when I got there, I realized I had forgotten the two gallons of Gatorade for the first grade that I had signed up for. Such things can send me to the verge of tears these days, so I had to leave the gym and go take care of it. I did go back to the gym afterward and did 30 full minutes of cardio to make up for it.
I am trying to get myself together and be more organized, etc, but I still fail miserably some days. It is weird because hubby has traveled extensively for years, but suddenly knowing that I am the primary parent for real (meaning he can't just jump on a plane on a whim and come home) is playing with my head. Theoretically, nothing has really changed. I am just putting this pressure on myself because I feel for what he is putting himself through for us I guess. Plus there is the stress of not really knowing what is going to happen in his industry in the next year with the new laws and how it will affect us.
I do see some sunshine through the cracks. There has been progress on some fronts. I can see the tops of the kitchen counters and the dining room table. The piles of boxes and bags of recycling in the garage have gone bye bye. We are starting to dig out.

No comments: