Monday, September 20, 2010

Trying to Fight the Good Fight

I have to say that I have been really depressed regarding my weight lately. Nobody who works out as often as I do should be getting bigger instead of smaller, but that's exactly what has been going on. (It's all about overeating and too many carbs.) I have been seriously depressed about the whole thing and ready to give up on the gym altogether. However, I decided to do something different. Today, I started back on (hard core) Atkins. That's how I lost weight before and how I will again. Then I went to the gym and did a bunch of cardio in addition to my regular workout. Granted it is only the first day, but I am trying. I can lift weights like no tomorrow, but unless I get my heart rate up, it is kinda useless. So, I get on the bike, the elliptical and I am actually able to jog (a little) on the treadmill.
I am a serious sugar addict, so this isn't going to be easy at first, but I have found that if I can make it through those first few days, it gets easier. I did make it through my first real test today. #3 daughter wanted a milkshake and fries today and I made due with my plain hamburger, no bread and large Diet Coke. I will keep you posted how it goes the rest of the week. Wish me strength and perseverance.

No comments: