Monday, November 22, 2010

Begin Again

Here I am on a beautiful, sunny mild Monday morning. Most of my kids are out of school for the week with the exception of the high schoolers, so I am somewhat on vacation. I did get up early to run a load of laundry (I use the lack of clean school clothes-uniforms-as a motivation to pry me out of bed in the mornings. Works pretty well!) I got out the trash and recycling before daylight, so needless to say that the recycling truck that is almost always here by 7:45 am on every other morning hasn't shown up yet; HA! (It came at 8:05! Slackers!)
For some reason, I have always found it easiest to start something new on Mondays. Weekends are unstructured and fun and starting something in the middle of the week is just not right somehow. So, today I begin my quest (again) to lose this weight, or at least the pounds I have added in the last few weeks, for starters. I am trying to do this right. I am going to take my vitamins which I find really helps, and I will try to actually eat meals instead of grazing all day.
Food is my drug, and I have a feeling there may be some withdrawal, but I do feel a renewed sense of determination for the first time in weeks. So, here goes...

No comments: