Monday, June 27, 2011

Driving Me Crazy

Big news! Number two son finally got his license today. Granted, we were in no particular hurry at first for him to drive, but it was beginning to look like he was not going to before college which could be problematic. Technically, he is going to live on campus and his dad and brother will be close by, but still...
On the other hand, daughter number one has had her permit for about a month and has already had more time behind the wheel than her brother had in the past two years, thanks in large part to the fact that she is more motivated and better at emotional blackmail. This is a mixed blessing. On the one hand, I want her to have plenty of experience, and she is doing pretty well, but it does get a bit tiresome sometimes when I would rather be doing something else. Since my next two drivers will be girls, I guess I better get used to it.
So, three of my little kiddies are at least somewhat mobile. It is a new phase of development, but frankly, I don't remember this chapter in "What to Expect When You're Expecting".

No comments: