Sunday, June 12, 2011

Gotta Stop Looking at the Calendar

It's Sunday night, generally a night I dread, but it seems a little less daunting since I know I don't have to do the regular Monday morning routine. The kids are clustered in various places and I am surrounded by the din of two TVs in opposite rooms with competing programs. The mood around here is pretty laid back. They know there is no serious bedtime enforcement tonight, though they all usually hit the bed at a fairly reasonable hour, just because they have been going strong all day. This is especially true of the baby, already in dreamland on my bed.
Though there is no school, our schedule is full. A sleepover for #2 daughter, college classes for #2 son, perhaps a day at the theme park for #1 daughter. Best of all, Mommy gets to run away from home later in the week and go to Vegas! Three sumptuous nights and restful days, just me and hubby and no one calling us mom and dad, at least without there being a panicked cell phone call. I can't wait!
Next week will mean two days of college orientation with #2 son, a totally different kind of trip. After that, we are doggy sitting for a friend for a week, so we will be here,through the fourth and beyond, sans #2 daughter who will be with my mom-in-law for a week.
I really don't like to think too far ahead this time of year, but seeing that June is half over and I have things booked for August already, I am forced to realize that this summer was technically over before it ever began.

No comments: